In most industries one word or one concept sets apart the leaders from the rest of the crowd. In the gated automation industry that leader is VIKING ACCESS and the word is innovation.
First to market with Hybrid Gate Opener Technology, Viking Access has been setting standards that even the largest companies are chasing continually. Think that doesn't make sense? Look no further than Mercedes, Lamborghini, and other car makers who are much smaller than some of the industries largest yet are constantly innovating their industry. General Motors is a behemoth next to Mercedes but very rarely puts forth innovation or technology that wasn't perfected by companies like BMW and Mercedes years before. Anti-Lock Brakes, Active Cruise, Lane Assist, Collision Avoidance are all recent examples of this.
Some of the features that were pioneered by Viking Access are:
- Direct drive heavy duty openers that run HUNDREDS of cycles on seamless battery backup utilizing only two small 7 amp/hour gel cell batteries (pre-installed on every Viking Gate Opener).
- Bluetooth technology to allow for master/slaving Viking gate operators, lightning protection on the high voltage side of the electrical circuit (standard in ALL Viking gate openers)
- HEATED motors standard on all 2nd generation gate openers
- Variable “on the fly” speed control adjustment of the opener from 25% under drive to 150% overdrive over the standard 12” per second gate speed.
- V-FLEX control boards utilizing LCD Diagnostics Displays that measures and reports on 16 separate and distinct functions that affect the operator. Those functions not only include the “no brainer” needs of diagnostics, but also clever feedback that allows a gate owner to adjust, to the exact second how long the “timer to close” function is set for, motor heater options, overdrive speed, amperage draw that allows a homeowner to make a notation of how hard the opener had to work to move the gate when it was brand new versus three years down the road (maybe the reason a safety reverse is tripping is because the wheels have worn so much the amperage required to move the gate has doubled) and even more.
Now, what does all this mean to the end user? And more importantly “how much more does all this cost?” Two simple answers. For the end user, knowledge is power! If you are even a bit tech savvy a quick call to our in house technician can save you hundreds on service calls only to find out “it was a blown fuse — and that will be $150 for the trip” or maybe just a chain adjustment is required. User friendly means user serviceable! How much more would you expect these state of the art openers cost? You will be amazed to find out the answer is “Not any more than other openers with half the capacity and technology!” Call us today and find out why WE are the VIKING SPECIALISTS and one of the largest Viking Specialized Distributors in the US!